Visual and Performing Arts
The BCOE Arts Education Program:
- Brings new resources to districts, schools and classrooms to expand arts education programs and to create new ones;
- Provides professional learning for K-12 teachers who wish to integrate their curriculums with arts learning;
- Provides professional learning to arts teachers through workshops, small cohort working groups, and professional learning communities;
- Supports arts education strategic planning;
- Facilitates Teaching Artist placements in schools to teach the Arts or to collaborate with classroom teachers to integrate the Arts with another core subject.
Areas of special focus include support for arts programs in Rural Schools, support for arts integration as an approach to increasing standards based arts education, and increased efforts to broaden the understanding of how social emotional learning is inherent in the Arts.
For more information, please contact;
Arts Education Coordinator